FOUNDED NOVEMBER 11, 1961- HOLY CROSS Lutheran Church held its’ first service in a small house located in the 6100 block of Campus Blvd., where over 100 were in attendance. The founding pastor Rev. James Brockmann was installed on July 12,1959. Pastor Brockmann evangelized the community of Pontchartrain Park for two years in advance of the first Sunday Service.
HOLY CROSS was the first Lutheran Church founded in the first middle class Black home owners' subdivision named Pontchartrain Park. Holy Cross is known as the church in the Park next door to Southern University, its neighbor in partnership. Holy Cross is a sponsor and active participant of its community's largest festival, Gentilly Fest.
Our mission statement:
“COME GROW WITH US IN THE KNOWLEDGE AND GRACE OF GOD." (2 Peter 2:18)